Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America

I wanted to share a personal post with all of you - my blog friends. We are walking in the CCFA Walk for a Cure on June 1st at Centennial Olympic Park. My husband has Crohn's and has lived with the disease for over 12 years now. We had some very difficult times during our first year of marriage, when I was pregnant and he had to undergo an operation to remove a blockage in his colon. What we thought would only be a few days in the hospital turned into more than two weeks and two operations. Jeff lost more than 40 pounds and struggled with a long and challenging recovery. But - he made it back to his "fighting weight" and with medication has been able to keep the disease stable since then. Unfortunately, there is no cure and we know there will be more challenges in the future - but we're ready! Two years ago, we did the CCFA walk and raised $2,500 and matched it with our own donation of $2,500 for a total of $5,000.

I am so grateful for our lives together and for our daughter. We have been very lucky. The money we raise will go to valuable research, legislation and the amazing "Camp Oasis" that CCFA does every year for children suffering with the disease.

If you would like to find out more about Crohn's or Colitis visit the CCFA website at www.ccfa.org

If you would like to visit our fundraising page or join the walk please click HERE

And since I have to include pictures with my post.....

This is Jeff and I celebrating our first Wedding Anniversary one month after his hospital stay. I was three months pregnant and we were both very tired. But, we were so happy just to be together. (Don't worry - I only had a sip of the champagne.)


And this is a couple weeks ago - oh what a difference a couple years will make..... :)

No comments:

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ccjamesphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.