Wednesday, April 16, 2008

M.I.A.

For those of you that check in often - I'm terribly sorry to have gone missing for so long. As you know from my last post, we went to Aruba and it was FANTASTIC!!!! I highly recommend planning a nice "get-away" trip for any parents that have never done so - and not just a weekend! We went with three other couples that also have a child and I think everyone will agree - IT'S WORTH IT!

Then we came back and had a busy week catching up before family arrived. Then I got this weird 48 hour flu bug that had me in bed all day Saturday with fever and chills. THEN, we went out on Monday night for an early birthday celebration (mine) before my husband left town for several days. Now my husband is gone, family is still here and I'm finally taking a moment to post something sentimental and funny.

Here's the sentimental part:

Friends have always been a HUGE part of my life. It was just my mother and I while I was growing up, so my friends were often just like siblings to me (but we didn't fight as much). I spent family vacations with my friends and their families and endless "overnights". There have been friends that have come and gone and many friends who are still, to me, like the siblings I never had. I treasure the friendships that I have had for many, many, many years but have come to realize, there is always space for more friends. And that is what I have found in the past few years. We live in a neighborhood where many people are about the same age, starting families, with so much in common. There are many ladies who have been so much more to me than neighbors - they have been my life-line - when the "stay at home" mom world is just too much to bear or I just need someone to talk to about life in general. So, I want to express my gratitude for all of my dear friends - old and new - for these relationships mean the world to me and I never dreamt I could be so lucky to have them all.

And I will end with funny part.....

I am way too old to be hanging out at bars - but that's exactly what we did on Monday night. We went to "Metalsome Monday" at the Dark Horse Tavern in the Highlands. You get to do Karaoke with a LIVE BAND! One of my nearest (she lives across the street) and dearest friends and her husband came with us - and we had a BLAST! If you want more details you can go to her blog at The Dekel Daily. Needless to say - I drank too much, stayed out too late and slept all day on Tuesday (thanks to my wonderful husband). :)

I mean seriously - I can't even remember the last time I had a stamp on my hand unless it had to do with my child!

No comments:

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ccjamesphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.